Keep this super simple recipe in your back pocket for those busy week nights when you just can’t face another plain grocery-store rotisserie chicken. In just a short time, you can turn that chicken into an Italian-inspired meal that you will enjoy. This recipe lightens things up by skipping the breading and the frying, but leaves you with the delicious flavours of traditional Chicken Parmesan.
- 4 cups of cubed cooked chicken (This is about the amount of meat you’d get from a rotisserie chicken)
- 2 cups of Marinara sauce, homemade or store bought
- 1 cup of Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese, grated
- Fresh basil, shredded, for serving (optional)
Preheat oven to 375. Toss chicken with marinara sauce and pour into a 8” or 9” square baking dish.Smooth the top. Sprinkle mozzarella over chicken and sauce, then sprinkle Parmesan over the mozzarella. Bake for 15- 20 minutes until heated through and cheese is melted and bubbly. Sprinkle fresh basil over the top (if using) and serve.